Saturday, January 31, 2009

2 weeks old

It's flown by so fast but our little squirt s officially 2 weeks old as of Friday.

Grandma joined us in the madness that was trying to get the Duke to daycare, get Brookie fed/changed/arranged in her car seat, and get me showered/dressed and all of our crap into the car and off to doctors appointments on Friday. I really had no idea how difficult it was going to be trying to get 2 kids dressed/fed/out the door and packed into our feeling smaller by the minute car. I know it was the 1st time I had to do it without hubby but boy was it humbling... I hear it gets easier with practice, so I am going to give myself a break and go with the flow. We rushed to Miss Carrie's house ( I absolutely LOVE that woman!), hurried the Duke in the door where she ran distraction for me with a steaming bowl of oatmeal so I could snag my mandatory smooch and rush back out of the door to my 2 week post-op appointment. My doc says that my incision site looks like it's healing fine and that I should be able to workout(Hahahaha!! She's so funny!)right around 6 weeks, if I'd like. They also weighed me when we walked in and I was shocked to see 169lbs pop up on the scale. Yee Haw!!! All of the little shark's marathon breastfeeding sessions have been burning up the baby fat!

We stopped in at my work to say hi to the girls and let them see Brooklyn and it was really nice to be able to talk to them for a bit... I know I've only been out of work 2 weeks, but it already feels like months... Chatting with adults was nice! Anyway, then we headed over to the pediatrician's office for Brooklyn's 2 week check up and get this, not only has she returned to her birth weight, she's surpassed it!!


Birth Weight: 6 lbs. 1 oz. (18 in. long)
4 Days Old: 5 lbs. 9 oz. (18 in. long)
2 Weeks Old: 6 lbs. 5 oz. (19 in. long)

So proud of her for gaining weight so quick! Luke was the exact opposite... He had us pretty scared with a loss of almost a full pound following birth and a VERY slow gain that brought him back to his birth weight @ almost 3 weeks old, not 2 weeks like the pediatricians would rather see...


Hoping to take a few more pictures of Brookie, Luke and the family tomorrow during the big game! My hubby is a football FANATIC, so there was NO WAY that the Super Bowl was going to happen and go uncelebrated in this house! We are having some family and a few friends over tomorrow and the day promises to be one filled with my sweetheart screaming at the TV, and a dizzying amount of cheesy, salty goodness arranged across our dining table! Cheers to you!

superbowl food Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: