Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Frustrated and Bummed...

So, I've been doing inversions at my house for the last 2 days (basically spending as much time as possible with my ass 20"+ above my head) and I'm pretty bummed that they don't seem to be doing a damn thing. Can you blame me for wanting an instantaneous result? I want her to flip SO badly... I never pictured myself as having to have a C-section and I sure as hell don't want to start now! It would be one thing if I was staring down a repeat of a truly crappy, intense labor, but Lukey Duke's birth was, dare I say it, a breeze!

Please, to all out there who had 30+ hour labors, I'm not bragging and I don't want to piss anyone off, I'm just saying that his labor was so easy, that I was more worried this time of not being able to make it to the hospital in time while in labor! Every woman in my family has had super speedy, generally easy labor so I was obviously psyching myself up for a repeat of last time... Now, I'm staring in the face of major surgery that is probably going to knock me on my ass for a week or two and make it absolutely impossible for me to be of any use at all, as well as a scar, the possibility of complications, an increased hospital stay, and all of the other lovely things that come along with a C-section.

Oh yeah, and I currently am playing Russian roulette with going into labor on my own, you know, like you're supposed too!! If I happen to go into labor on my own, which I would think is a pretty good possibility since Lukey Duke was almost 4 weeks early AKA the equivalent of Brooklyn already being almost a week old, and she hasn't flipped, I'm facing an emergency C-section....

I'm sorry about the ranting, I'm just really tired, really bummed out and generally pretty dishartened by the entire thing. This is not what I had pictured/planned and it really sucks...

1 comment:

Mama G said...

However it happens, you will find peace. They get here via different routes, those babies.