I've gone Paleo. What is Paleo you may ask? Paleo is that crazy fad lifestyle followed by all of the CrossFit nuts that encourages you to eat life a cave man. So, basically I'm eating things that grown on trees and bushes and eating lots o' meat. Don;t get me wrong, I still crave pasta and beer and pizza and yummy deep fried things and I have them on occasion to hit that spot, but for the most part, I'm living the lifestyle as best as I can. I'm aiming for 90/10, 90 being on the plan and 10 for my off days when I want to cheat and eat a ballpark dog and have a beer and eat an onion ring and be like the rest of America. Here's a rundown of an average workday menu:
- 2 eggs scrambled with spinach and mushrooms and shallots, 2 or 3 pasture fed no filler chicken breakfast sausage links, a handful of blackberries or raspberries
- 3 mini fresh mozzarella balls (I'm not supposed to have dairy on the diet but I'm sure I was a mouse in another life and cheese is the one form of dairy I refuse to give up), a few slices of no nitrate prosciutto, half a cup of diced cantaloupe, a few black olives, and a small dill pickle
- A hot plate of some kind, usually leftovers from the night before's dinner. Sauteed or grilled veggie assortment, a hunk of protein (usually chicken or lean grass fed steak or fish) and a few apple slices
- Greek yogurt, sliced raw veggies for dipping, a few slices of smoked salmon or sliced nitrate free / no filler sandwich meat, usually roasted turkey
- Another hot plate consisting on veg and protein.... My favorite right now is spaghetti squash, homemade marinara, homemade mini turkey meatballs and a sprinkle of Parmesan
I feel REALLY, REALLY good. I didn't think it would make a difference honestly and I thought it was all hype but I really do feel better. The shrinking waistline helps a little too :)
Will keep ya posted! Enjoy the long weekend ya'll. I'm off to chill with family, break the diet a little and have a crap ton of fun in the sun! PEACE. OUT.