Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eat, Poop, Sleep, and Repeat

So I think we've got this breastfeeding thing pretty much down pat (knock on wood) and I really didn't have to do a thing... Brooklyn I think is just one of those miracle babies that popped out knowing exactly what to do and I am so blessed! Luke wasn't really interested in the whole breastfeeding thing and I was to tired and naive to really push the issue, which is why I think we only made it a month or so before we switched him over to formula. I decided once we got pregnant again that I was going to do everything in my power to breastfeed this time and I'm so happy that it's worked out for the better. I'm amazed how she can nuzzle herself up close to me and latch on without any help from me at all... It's kinda crazy...On to our day...

Daddy is back at work now after being off for 2 weeks and today was my first official day of having to get myself, Lukey Duke and Brooklyn up, dressed and off to take the Duke to daycare. I'd been dreading this day for the last week as it used to be a complete fiasco in the morning and I only had to get myself and Duke ready and that was after a full night's sleep! I got up with the alarm, unhappily as I had only fallen asleep 2 hours before the beeping began, fed Miss Brookie and rushed through my shower in hopes of beating her shrieking cries... I managed to throw on a T-shirt and jeans, get the Duke a cup of his morning warm milk and get him dressed before she began screaming. Luke high-tailed it down the hall to grab a handful of "guys", his blankie and his lovey Baby Bear as I picked up the princess only now remembering that her car seat carrier was still locked into it's base in the car. I'd need to carry her out to the car and load her in outside instead of getting her comfy in the house where it wasn't freezing. Luke was begging for his 'nola bar so I clumsily attempted to reach into the overflowing snack cabinet one handed and grab it for him, sending a full bottle of Tabas.co sauce shattering all over the kitchen in the process. So, I set Brookie down in her pink bouncy chair, scooped up as much of the stinky sauce and chunks of glass as I could as the dog was hovering and attempting to snag a bite. Then I noticed that it had splattered all over my jeans and flip flops, so I grabbed a new pair of pants, wiped the red sauce from my toes and threw on a new pair of shoes.... Needless to say we made it out of the house and into the car, fully dressed and fed, so all in all we survived the first day... Granted it took 45 minutes to get out of the door!!! Practice makes perfect right?

Here are a few new pictures of Miss Brookie... She's way too much fun to take pictures of... Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lora said...

I don't think that morning could have gone any smoother nor any worse!

Ugh. I'm so sorry, but hopefully that's the worst it will ever be!