Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jan 16, 2009

Tomorrow, we will be a family of four.

I started today with tons of Braxton Hicks contractions while clearing my desk on my final day at work. Then, around 10ish I passed what looked to be a chunk of my mucus plug (YUM!). This added to the upset tummy for 3 days, dilating cervix, intense nesting, and dull lower backache that I've had for 2 days prompted my mother (Thanks Mom!) to call me and kick me in the ass to call my doc and get seen before the weekend hit us. I went into the doc and proceeded to be internally checked, find out I was now a little more dilated, and then chat with awesome doc about the very real possibility that I may not make it to Tues to do the version and induction. She agreed and decided that it was in everyones best interest to move up the procedure to tomorrow. So, we are headed to the Family Birth Center @ 7:30am to be checked in for our ECV followed by induction or C-section, if necessary. Crazy that I KNOW she's going to be born tomorrow... This must be what it feels like to have a scheduled C... I'm not sure if I like it this way because as soon as I hit the doorstep after my appt, all I could think about were a zillion things I needed to clean, fold, sort, sweep, and cook. The surprise factor is kinda nice as you don't really have a chance to try to kill yourself with chores right before the big day... We are off to bed, all 3 to cuddle in the Mommy and Daddy bed together as a threesome for the very last time... That sounds so sad... I am excited I promise, I'm just also a little sad that this is the last night of just us. Wish us luck...


Luvs!!

2 comments:

Lora said...

I remember spending my last few hours with my husband as 'just the two of us". "Just the three of us" sounds even more bittersweet.

I'll be thinking of you, and will be eating cherry jello this afternoon in honor of your fallen plug! Gross, I know, but when you said that it totally made me hungry for cherry jello

what the heck is my problem?!?

Mama G said...

Good luck to you and congrats! Amelia and I will be thinking about you and sending good vibes your way! How exciting.