Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

All was fun and beautiful today, as every first Easter should be. The whole family came out to watch the kids run around the park pushing and shoving to collect the most eggs that daddy and uncle Justin had hidden so artfully amongst the tall grass and trees. I have a habit of letting go a little on holidays and letting my little boy wolf down as much candy and sweets as he'd like, as long as it only lasts the day of the holiday. So, after hours of sweet tarts, cupcakes, coconut cake, and mini snicke.rs bars, Capt. Duke is blissfully asleep, teeth scrubbed, bathed and ready to face Monday. Brooklyn was a champ today as she was passed amongst the family and only cried here and there to remind me to stop being the hostess and feed her. The kids made out like bandits with tons of Easter baskets filled with stuffed animals, cute tiny outfits and plenty of cars, monster trucks and construction equipment to keep them happy and busy for hours. Matt's best friend Justin, his wife Persia and their munchkins Ava and Dylan even came over to share in the sugar fueled madness. I even got to play a monster round of squirt guns and tag with the Duke which I haven't been able to do for quite a while. All in all, it was an awesome day that was made even better by my mother being the saint that she is and busting out all of the dishes from having everyone over. Now onto the business of preparing myself for the hell that is going to be my first few days back at work. I've made my lists, laid out outfits for both me and the kids for the whole week, and prepped the diaper bag, backpack and my new beautifully gigantic zebra print purse. Still working on the bleeding heart part of leaving my baby at daycare... I'm sure there will be tears, but I know Brooklyn will be no worse for wear. Me on the other hand, might not be so easy...

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi! Great to read your comments. Hope I can see you all soon. Love, Jill, et al.