Saturday, April 4, 2009

A few things to help a sista out

Here are a few of my new favorite things since having Miss Brookie:


I’ve developed a new found love for our travel system stroller… We never really used it with Lukey Duke but I’ve used it a ton in the last 3 months and pretty much haven’t taken it out of the trunk of the Camry. Oh yeah, that’s one of the best parts about this stroller; it actually fits on the trunk of our car. It’s an Even.flo Eddie Bauer and I’m really proud of myself for picking gender neutral colors (tan, brown and red)”just in case” we needed to use it for baby # 2 and we had a girl.

We were gifted a gently used Peg Pere.go pink infant car seat by my husband’s best friend who has 2 little girls. It’s extremely heavy to carry (which I pretty much never do), but incredibly sturdy and reassures me every time I snap it into the car that if we were in an accident, she’s be safe. I also REALLY love the pink cover!

I found my Cati.ni army green messenger diaper bag at BRU when Lukey Duke was about 2 years old, and I ADORE this bag. It’s not my favorite color, but it is so functional and it can hold so much stuff and the biggest perk has to be the price. I think I paid around $40 for the bag almost 2 years ago and it still looks like new. The entire interior is full of mesh divider pockets, and it can comfortably hold diapers, wipes, assorted butt creams, a change of clothes for both kids, a shirt for me, my digital camera, my wallet, cell phone, keys and chap stick, a changing pad, a “dirty” bag to put anything that’s been slimed, just to name a few.

My Munch.kin mini trash bag dispenser and bag refills. I picked this up at Targ.et and have since bought a second one to hang in the car. It’s a small dispenser that holds a roll of tear apart scented mini garbage bags that you can clip onto your diaper bag or just through into your purse if needed. These bags really come in handy when you have a child puking everywhere and need a place to stash a bunch of wet, stinky outfits or just need a place to get rid of a diaper when there’s no garbage can around.

No comments: