Tuesday, April 28, 2009

March for Babies



Thank you to everyone who sponsored me for the March of Dimes March for Babies last weekend. The walk went great (no blowouts, and mommy didn't keel over and pass out from lack of oxygen) and our team managed to raise an astounding $7800! Denise, the mother who organized the team in honor of her little boy Matthew Jackson Miller who passed away from SIDS last year, organized everything and made it all effortless. She's truly amazing in her ability to stay organized and level headed while organizing such a big event. I got very close to hitting my goal of raising $500 and am quite proud that I was able to complete the full 3 miles. Denise intends on doing the Walk every year and I'm going to do my best to do it every year with her team. It felt really good to raise all of that money for such a great cause...

No comments: