Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fam Love


My awesome aunts and cousin from LA are going to be here tonight!!!!!! I'm so excited I just might do a little jig... Well, maybe not... Wouldn't want to scare the guys at work with my killer dancin' skills! Anyway, we don't really get to see them as much as I wished we could, and I can barely sit still knowing that they are going to be here in 12 hrs... And, it's the first time that they get to meet Miss Fancy Pants! I bet they are going to melt when they see her laugh like a munchkin crazy person!

On another note, I want to gush about my sis for a second. This girl has endured double shifts, all-nighters cramming for tests, and some much medical jargon memorization that I'm sure my head would have exploded trying to keep track of it all, and now she's done. My baby sister, the little chatty Kathy that used to get notes sent home with her from school for talking to much, is graduating nursing school tomorrow. I'm so proud of you Mel. You have done what I knew I never could. You endured all of the hours of hell to reach your goal and I am swelling with pride. You decided that you wanted to help people for a living, something that most people could never handle, set your feet on your path, and never gave up. You are going to be a great nurse because you are truly a great person. I'm so very proud of you that I can barely find the words... And as I write this with tears in my eyes, I just want you to know how grateful I am to have such an amazing sister. Oh, and I hope I don't embarrass the hell out of you tomorrow by sobbing through the entire graduation ceremony. I love you Melanie...

In the great words of my brilliant little boy, "Aunt Melanie, you're a ROCK STAR!!!!"

No comments: