Friday, November 21, 2008

Gearing up for the weekend

Here's what I've got so far for a tentative menu for the family Thanksgiving potluck shindig at my house next week:

** Bacon wrapped, apple/wild rice/prosciutto stuffed turkey breasts
** Honey Ham, maybe Prime Rib
** Mom's mashed potatoes
** Mom's candied yams
** Green bean casserole
** Rolls
** Green Salad
** Pumpkin pie & ice cream, maybe cheesecake or apple crisp too, I can't decide...


My goal for tonight is to have a set in stone menu of what all of the fam is bringing, my grocery list made and ready for a surgical strike on Walma.rt and Cost.Co tomorrow morning, and to get to bed at a reasonable time...

I also need to try to figure out a way to rotate the Duke's toys in and out of the playroom/2nd living room so that I'm not forced with trying to pick up 3 billion tiny toys every single night. Maybe I'll start a bin in the garage and just swap out loads of toys every few weeks... I need more ideas...

Matt is taking care of the installation of the trim/chair rail in Brooklyn's room tomorrow, so I should be able to start decorating (FINALLY!!!!... We also have a 4 year old's birthday party to go to Sat afternoon...

Busy Weekend. We'll see how much I can get done!!!

No comments: