Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Migraines SUCK

What did I do in my past life to deserve 48hrs of stabbing pain in my temple and when did I become such a friggin' saint about these damn things? What happened to the hours curled up in bed, curtains locked up like Fort Knox, whining for relief? Oh yeah, I remember! A wild and crazy 3 year old hopped up on sugar like a crackhead and being 7 months pregnant happened to my self pity!!!

It never fails that Luke the Duke will come home in rare form on nights where NOTHING is going to make the pounding stop. He met me at the door of daycare with a yelp, squealing shoes on the tile, and a sing song greeting that sounded a lot like,"guessss whatttt I hadd for snnnnack!!! Misss Cawwie gave us cheeesecake!!!"

I don't think I've met a mother yet that hears something like that and reacts with anything other than a smile forced through teeth clenched so tight they might just shatter out of your head. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a sugar Nazi, and I get it that it's daycare and occasionally my child is going to eat shit that is horrible for him. I just wish it was any night but the night that the sound of my shoes on the sidewalk has me inches from yakking in Miss Carrie's lovely front yard.

Enough crying over yet another migraine... At least my Excedri.n is taking the edge off a little. It's kinda nuts how good you get at functioning while in serious pain... Chics rock! Could you imagine what would happen if it were a 7 month pregnant man with constant migraines? It would be splashed all over the TV.. News at 10... Pregnant man shoves ballpoint pen through temple to end the pain...

No comments: