Monday, November 24, 2008

So tired and sore...

A HUGE thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for basically making Brookie's room a truly beautiful place this weekend! My mom made bumble bee cushions for my rocking chair, replaced the cushion on my ottoman to back and white gingham to match, with matching decorative pillow, made curtains, and is in the process of creating Brooklyn's "B," so she'll have one just like the Duke. My dad, the super Mr. Handyman extraordinaire, managed to turn an old dresser that once belonged to my mom as a child, into a perfect replica of a cherry red, standing Snap.On tool chest for Capt. Duke's Car.s bedroom! He also fully refurbished a solid wood toy chest for Brookie's room that is absolutely adorable and matches perfectly! They brought over the coolest piece of wall art ever. My sis bought this round 1 billion piece Mary Engelbrei.t puzzle with my favorite of her sayings on it and after 3 people took turns putting it together, my dad Hodge Podg.ed it together so I can hang it on the wall above the changing table (Thank You Mel, Mom & Nancy for your mad puzzle skills!). So, her room now has a built and waiting crib, changing table, rocking chair and ottoman, and toy chest. Pretty much all that's left is filling said dresser/changing table with clean munchkin clothes, decorating the walls, and prepping for the little princess' imminent arrival!


Promise to post pictures of Brooklyn's room tonight when I get home from work...


Note to self, marathon cleaning for 7 hours is fully possible while almost 8 months pregnant, but HIGHLY not recommended. Pretty much every muscle from my knees up is sore and I'm walking like a 90 year old today... Not a good plan! Oh yeah, got a visit from my old buddy pitting edema this weekend! Was hoping that he'd stay far, far away this time but obviously not...

No comments: