Friday, June 19, 2009

Without Bubba

It's late and mommy's had a few beers so bear with me...

We dropped you off for a fun-filled weekend at Grandpa John's house and as we drove off I felt that familiar tugging at my heart. I know you've been to Grandpa's before, and I know you've even stayed there longer than this time, but I miss you.

I miss your incessant chatter of trucks with no backs (open bed pickup trucks) and Ricky Carmichael's arm missing (the little action figure almost made it one year before having his limbs torn off)and cops chasing bad guys and hurting themselves and blooood. I miss you getting up 8 times after being put down for bed because there are storm clouds in your room or you had a bad dream that made you laugh. You are such an independent little thing but not so independent most times. You need your hugs and kisses to fall asleep and your baby bear and blankie, and for that I adore you. I love your crazy antics and your loony bin laughter and your now constant talk of pee and poop and all things related to body functions. I love how you'll get out of bed because you have a hang nail, and then mimic the guys dancing from "So you think you can dance." I love that you adore Brookie and want nothing more in your world than to make her squeal with laughter. I love that you are afraid of thunder, want to play in the rain, and would rather watch Batman than lightning. I love that it's impossible to get you to wake up in the morning and equally impossible to get you to wind down before bed, I love your baseball slides on the carpet and your screeching car sounds as you run full speed thought the house with your little John Deer tractor.

I love your tired talk when you're half asleep and whispering about cops and bad guys and car carriers and nascar. I love your crazy fast pitches and your equally amazing batting skills that Daddy has taught you. I love that you LOVE to be naked and aren't embarrassed to tear it all off and run through the sprinklers. I love you bear hugs and slobbery kisses and tears and even tantrums...

I miss you bugs... See you Sunday...

No comments: