Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So sad...

I've never been a big fan, but I asked Matt to TiVo the most recent episode of John & Kate plus eight, and boy, that might have been the most depressing thing I've seen on TV for a while. I knew that that woman had her biznatchy moments but damn! She literally spent the entire show blathering on about how victimized she felt and how everything that was happening was his fault and how she never thought it would come to this... Blah, blah, blah... What? You didn't expect that inviting a camera crew and 5 million plus viewers into your most private moments with your husband and children would cause any turmoil? Are you really that dumb or are you just so starved for attention that you're willing to sacrifice your marriage, and your children's well being to make money?

It was really difficult to watch and listen to her talk about "her kids" and "her life" and "her well-being." Funny thing is, while she was blathering on about herself, he spent most of the interview talking about "our kids" and "our life" and "our well-being..." Now I'm not a psychologist, but that sure sounds like a man who is still emotionally tied to his wife, despite the fact that they are getting a divorce...

I don't know any of the specifics of their contract in terms of # of shows and penalty for shutting it down early, but I know what I would have done if I saw the show ripping a hole in my marriage...

Anyway, enough talking about TV... How's your day going? Do anything fun this weekend? Win the lottery?

No comments: