Thursday, May 28, 2009

Regrets



Only now that I have the pretty, pretty princess do I really fully regret not filling out the Duke's baby book. It's so sad to think that I have no written record of his milestones and achievements in babyland... It's like I did everything so backward with those two. I started this blog to keep a written record of the squirts but I sadly missed most of the Duke's firsts, and that makes me kinda weepy. I was in such a hurry to get through the C's (croup and colic)that I never stopped to document all of the amazing little things that I'll reminisce about when I'm old and wrinkly, or right now... If I hadn't been on heart meds that made me super drowsy for two months after his birth, if he hadn't had Colic which made him cranky and not sleep (which made us not sleep), if he hadn't had to deal with multiple bouts of Croup (which made us sleep even less)... If only....



SO, I'm diligently tracking Miss B's milestones and will eventually transfer them from my planner to the baby book... I've also started dating and collecting all of Lukey Duke's wonderfully artistic creations/drawings to be stowed away in his baby box along with my favorite preemie onesie, his hospital wrist band and my ultrasound pictures... God, it goes so damn fast! Please slow down... Let me enjoy my babies as babies for a while...

No comments: