Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom's Day: The Beginning




What a good man I have... I awoke to steaming decaf peppermint mocha, a new cookbook I've had my eyes on, a new book to read while pumping at work and a pretty journal so I can write letters to Brooklyn as I have done for Luke since he was born. Oh yeah, and a sausage mcmuffin that didn't make it to picture time.... Yum!! I'm not a big fan of the fast food, but it tasted great and I didn't have to make it, so it rocked. I also got a sweet card from my Hubby who rarely is a sappy kind of guy, but brings it with full force on Mother's Day cards. There was also one from the Duke, complete with a Picasso-worthy four color "signature" that I'll save until I'm old and gray. Nothing like one day of true sweetness to remind you how amazing it is to me a mom.

Kiss your babies, hug your hubby and treasure every moment... For it all goes by so damn quickly....

2 comments:

Lora said...

I have wanted this cookbook too, and after seeing it here I made up my mind that I HAVE to have it, but it's sold out everywhere. Figures. I guess lots of moms want it.

Mommy D said...

It's the one old-schoolish cookbook that I didn't have yet, and I'd been talking about getting it for about a year... So proud of him for remembering and being able to find it... Knowing him, he probably got it at Target :)