Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My promise to my children

I promise:

** I will never compare you to each other. You are each your own individual being and you deserve the chance to shine on your own and not have to be in any one's shadow.

** I will always encourage you to do your best in everything that you do. Whether that be your relationships, your profession, or your family, I will encourage you to make everything you touch in this life sparkle.

** I will give you every opportunity for growth that I can provide and support you no matter what life path you choose. I knew in my soul that there was nothing more important to me on this planet than being a wife and a mother. That is my soul, my profession and my true calling.

** I promise to love you so completely that there will never be any doubt to the depth of that love. Nothing you could EVER do could make me not love you. You are my children; a part of me, plucked right out of my heart, and I will strive to make you realize that fact each and every day.

** I promise to be your rock. NOTHING will shake me. I will be there for you come hell or high water... I'll bring the rain boots!!!!

I love you Bean and Cookie!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ah, that was beautiful. Be sure to put that somewhere where you can read it every day when they're teenagers. Love, Jill