Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rock & Roll Baby, Rock & Roll

She did it last night! She rolled all the way over from back to tummy and then back again about 3 times in a row, laughing her little elfin head off the entire time. I laid her in her crib after she yakked all over my shoulder, and as I was cleaning the baby puke out of the back pocket of my jeans and from in between the girls (the child has perfect boob aim when it comes to spewing... It's uncanny!), I caught a glance out of the corner of my eye of her grabbing her feet, piking up and then rolling over. It was very ingenious of her to use the foot grab to get her pudgy arm out of the way so she could get all the way over onto her tummy... My smart little blueberry! I'll have to try to catch her on film rockin' her new act. I've been a bad mommy lately and haven't posted any new picture of the girl. I promise I'll post some soon... Gotta find the free time to make a little video of her...

4 comments:

Lora said...

That's wonderful!

Don't you feel a sense of relief? I know I did when Jake started rolling over, it was like a promise that he was developing normally.

Mommy D said...

It finally lets me breathe a little in regard to the whole SIDS/suffocating baby thing. I obsessively check to make sure that she's breathing while she's asleep, so now at least I know that she can rolol herself out of peril if needed... Good to see that all of the margaritas in Mexico around baby makin' time didn't affect my munchkins development!

Thanks for always chattin' me up Lora!

Robyn said...

What a wonderful development! Congrats, proud momma. Would love to see a video of her...

Jill said...

I don't remember any of that -- and I didn't write any of it down, either! Oh, well. It really doesn't seem to matter now what their first words were or when this or that happened -- but I do remember the first grade application asking for some of those milestones, and I was embarrassed that I hadn't a clue! Have fun. Love, Jill