Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I think I'm hearin' things






I could swear my little munchkin muttered "ma-ma" and "da-da" back to back while I was driving the squirts to daycare this morning... Wishful thinking maybe... She;s so damn cute. I know I'm her mom, and it's sort of my job to say that, and every mom thinks their baby is gorgeous, but damn! Can anyone else see how much friggin' trouble I'm going to be in once she gets to be about 15-16? Bright hazel eyes, brunette, great skin tone, oh yeah, and a booty like the girls from the sir mix-a-lot video! It's funny because everyone always told me that I'd be blessed with one just like me.... A hell raiser bent on trying to make me prematurely gray at 40! We'll have to she if she lives up to the hype!

Lukey Duke is getting more and more brilliant with each and every passing day. He's working on writing his letters with me every night and colors me the most beautiful works of art every day at daycare. He also has been silently sneaking out of his room after we put him to bed, hiding under the kitchen table with his blankie and catching a few episodes of So You Think You Can Dance! He's so stealth about getting under there that the other night he must have watched a full hour not 5 feet behind me before I finally realized he was there! The only thing that even tipped me off was the dog hunched under the table curled up next to him!

2 comments:

Lora said...

that's about the age that Jake started to start to say mama and dada, so I'm convinced that Brookie totally said it!

Mommy D said...

Holy Crap! I'm going to have 2 miniature people talking my head off! She's growing so fast I can barely keep up!