Friday, July 17, 2009

6 Months Old

THEN


Photobucket







How has 6 months gone by already? Can she really already be half way to her first birthday? I know I say it all the time, but it feels like we stepped into that hospital room yesterday. I remember being so happy to meet her and at the same time so heartbroken that I'd have to have a C-section. I think the part that bothered me the most is that I knew my body was fully capable of giving birth to her and I knew that with such a short labor with Lukey Duke that it would probably go pretty quickly. I've never had major surgery, other than the D&C from my miscarriage, and the thought of being opened up on a table was really frightening. I was really worried about being unable to move and having to take care of an incredibly needy newborn without the use of my stomach muscles for a few weeks. Luckily, it all went really well and I healed pretty quickly and thanks to super grandma, I had tons of help with taking care of her through the entire process. My mom was such a lifesaver during the week following her birth. She stayed with me late into every night that I was in the hospital to help lift Brooklyn so I could breastfeed, and changed lots of diapers because the position needed to accomplish that feat wasn't going to happen. Thank you Mom. I know you'd just say no problem honey and that it was no big deal, but it was a big deal and I'll always be grateful to have you there for me and for Miss Brookie.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of my sister's "village." Like my mom with the birth of both of my children, I'll be there for support and help, and I can't wait to be an auntie! Actually, I can wait for a little bit! Lets get through the wedding first and then you can make me an auntie!!!

NOW



Photobucket

No comments: