Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Fourth

Fun was had by all...

Friday night we went to the River Cats Game and watched their awesome fireworks display following the game, and a surprise F-16 fly-over that scared the hell out of Miss B while my sister was holding her. We snagged our small piece of grass section real estate and proceeded to pig out on $1 hot dogs and $9 beer. My amazing Daycare lady Miss Carrie and her boys showed up and sat next to us so Duke had a blast chasing Carrie's son Cameron all over the tiny swatches of grass amidst the sea of blankets and folding chairs.

Saturday started pretty slowly with plenty of house cleaning and food preparing, but turned out to be a blast once everyone showed up. The carne asada and taco bar was yummy and very easy to set up and take down, allowing all of us to be able to enjoy the ridiculous amount of fireworks that we all bought. The Duke stayed up late and wolfed down too many sugar cookies that my sis had helped him bake and frost on Friday, but it was well worth it. What did you do for the 4th? Everybody still have all of their fingers?


Luvs,
Mommy D

1 comment:

Melissa said...

HI,

I left you a comment a couple weeks ago and I don't remember if you emailed me. you won my coupon binder giveaway. If you did email me I appologize. a couple things slipped through the cracks. this was one of them. so because it was my issue I wanted to ask you again for your address and if I get it in the next 48 hours then I will get it sent out this week to you.

thesassysaver @ gmail . com