Saturday, December 27, 2008

Still here and still pregnant....

Well, it looks like my prophetic dream of me holding Brooklyn in front of our Christmas tree was nothing more than a dream... Not that I'm angry about that at all... She's still measuring small and I want her to stay inside and fatten up as long as she can.... Lukey Duke was born @ 36 weeks weighing 5lbs 12oz. and he was fine, but a little more time in ye old belly won't hurt the little bean one bit! I'm getting a little bit anxious about my doctor's appointment on Monday. Super doc is going to do another quickie ultrasound to check and see if Brooklyn's little tummy has fattened up at all since my last appointment. She promised me not to worry and that all she really cares about seeing is growth, even if it's only a little bit. So, I'm trying not to dwell on it and instead focus all of my attention on Capt. Duke who caught himself a nasty cold and has the cutest gruff little voice right now. He has spread his 5 billion Match.box cars and army guys all over every available inch of real estate in our living room and his play room, but he's having a blast and enjoying the week of mommy and daddy time. I haven't gotten nearly as much done as I had hoped, but I've gotten to spend some serious cuddle time with the little man as the cold has slowed him down a little. He's such a little love bug and he says the cutest things... I love that when he climbs onto the couch or bed next to me he'll squish himself really close to my face and tell me that he "wuvs mommy" and wants to pet me... He'll lay there, with his eyes half closed rubbing his tiny little hand across my forehead and then laugh when I catch him peeking at me out of the corner of his eye... I wish I could record every little moment and keep them with me forever....

No comments: