Monday, December 15, 2008

PIH / IUGR ultrasound screening this morning

Just got back from my ultrasound to check Miss Brooklyn's growth and make sure that there are no signs of IUGR (inter uterine growth restriction)or anything else funky going on now that I'm in the tail end of this pregnancy. All looks perfect, she's measuring right on track, she has plenty of fluid to do back flips in, and my placenta and umbilical cord look perfect. I also got a possible explanation for some serious back pain that I was having yesterday... It appears that my mini gymnast has managed to catapult herself into breech position again... Hopefully she'll wiggle herself back head down soon...

Anyway, everything looked perfect on the ultrasound pictures and showed a perfect little girl, with perfect kidneys, heart, stomach and brain. It was really cool to be able to see her so far along in development. I've never seen ultrasound photos past the gender scan as I didn't have one with Lukey Duke. It's amazing to see how big she's getting and watch her wiggle around even though she is quickly running out of real estate!

No comments: