Friday, October 9, 2009

Oct 9th, 2005


Right about this time, 4 years ago, I was pushing and about to welcome my baby to the world. I remember my doc saying that it would probably be a while before I was at 10 and ready to push as she headed out the door so we could wait it out. About 5 minutes later I remember looking up at my mom and telling her "I NEED to push NOW." She hurried out the door to find my doc and as she and the nurses rushed back in to break down the bed and get ready for my impending delivery, I pushed 3 or 4 times and he was out right as my doc finished snapping on her gloves. My mom was ready to push her out of the way and catch Luke herself. The sound of him crying was both scary and thrilling all at the same time. They wiped him up quickly and laid him on my chest and I remember just starring at him in pure amazement that I just pushed this beautiful little thing out and now he was finally mine to hold.

I remember Matt telling me how proud of me he was and both of us hugging and crying all over each other. It still amazes me that we walked into that hospital as a couple and left the next day as a family.

Happy birthday my beautiful boy. You are everything I ever wanted. I never really knew life until the day you were born.I love you Bug!!!!!

No comments: