Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Good Deeds

What is it with people?

In an attempt to do something merry and generous this morning, I decided that I would pay for the car behind me in the Star.bucks drive through in addition to my own cup of goodness. I've actually done this a few times before and it's a really simple way to make someone else's day and fill your Karma cup all at the same time. I mentioned to "Christina" while ordering my coffee that I wanted to pay for the car behind me and that all I asked was that she tell the woman behind me in the shiny BMW SUV Merry Christmas and to pay it forward. When I made it up to the window Christina told me that she attempted to tell the woman behind me twice that I'd payed ahead for her coffee, but that the woman cut her off while trying to speak twice. I payed for both of our coffees and headed out of the drive through with no wave, no thank you, no nod, no nothing. Really? Did she think it was appropriate to ignore the nice gesture or was she just such a crabby grump that she felt it beneath her to acknowledge that someone who didn't even know her just payed for her morning cup of coffee?

Anyway, enough ranting.... Off to see beautiful Christmas lights in Rocklin tonight off of Stanford Ranch and Sunset Blvd. This will be the 2nd year we've gone to see them and they are absolutely amazing. It's an entire neighborhood of about 100 houses that go all out with full yard displays, wooden cutouts, life-size Santas and everything else Christmas you can think of!

Merry Christmas All!!!!!

No comments: