Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Month 7


I forgot how much babies grow and learn around the 7 month mark...

In a matter of a week she went from only being able to do baby push-ups, to full on speedy crawling, she's pulling up on furniture and her crib to a standing position, and she's got the pincher grasp down! Wow! Cooking dinner at night has become quite the adventure as we try to get food on the table and wrestle 2 kids into staying within our sight. She's mastered "Mama" and "Dada," though I doubt she really knows what it means yet other than it will get our undivided attention. She's still eating like a tank and is probably getting close to the 20lb mark. Her next doctor's appointment isn't until October so we'll have to wait until then to find out. She's doing great at daycare and loves to crawl around on Miss Carrie's floor, chasing after her brother and Cameron (Miss Carrie's son).

Luke is amazing, like usual. He's picking up new and even more complex words and getting better at using them instead of throwing a fit when he wants something or is trying to describe something to us. I picked up a really cool book called "How to teach your child to read in 100 lessons" that we have been hyping up and will probably start working on after his fourth birthday. I'm still planning on holding him an extra year before putting him into Kindergarten, due to his late birthday, so he'll be 5, almost 6 when we enroll him. Carrie's been working with him every day on opposites, writing, identifying letters and patience in preparation for school. If he seems like he's ready for school next year and develops all of the skills necessary for him to enter school earlier than planned, we may consider putting him in early, but we're planning on him being 5 almost 6 when we enroll him. I was the youngest in my class and that was always pretty cool until I got to High School and was the last to get my driver's license and too young to go on my senior class trip. I'd rather he be a little older since boys mature slower anyway and I want him to be emotionally and mentally ready for the amount of patience and concentration required to sit through a day of class.

I finally got a bunch of mini DVR's for our camcorder so I'm going to get too recording Miss Brooklyn crawling and babbling all over the place. I promise to post them as soon as they are finished!

Luvs!

No comments: